[FoRK] Should we add some ads to FoRK-archive? At 60K hits/day...

Adam L Beberg beberg
Wed Oct 12 13:59:02 PDT 2005

kelley at inkworkswell.com wrote on 10/12/2005 12:12 PM:
> Where are the ads? I checked the archives, but didn't see where you'd
> implemented them. From reading logs, my experience is about 30-40% are
> search engine bots.

30-40% is really low on the bots/harvester rates for most of my sites.
Google alone is a very hyperactive visitor accounting for over 5% of
traffic.

It would be VERY interesting if someone were to actually pick part logs
carefully and study this. I can imagine that blog-class sites are
getting a huge fraction of their hits from search engines.

More hits more ads, more ads more money, more money more crawling...
wait a second...

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/