[FoRK] Re: GoToMyServer?

Corinna schultz
Thu Oct 13 05:44:54 PDT 2005

"Tom Higgins" <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 10/7/05, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
>>
>> This illustrates very well why cube farms are inhuman, and people would
>> flee them at no provocation.

>Yes, I have run about as far from them as I could once I was released from
> the bonds...full time Mr dad or whatever the term for it is these days.

In my young, idealistic (clueless!) days, I quit a job that paid twice what
I could earn elsewhere, because it was a cube farm kind of place. It was one
of those dot-com crazy things -- I didn't think I was actually worth that
much, and since I was young and clueless I didn't really grok what that kind
of money could mean to me. That was my first mistake.

My second mistake was turning down the job offer from Activision because I
had already accepted another one (which happened to be inferior, plus I
hadn't actually started working there yet - I quit within a year because I
was so unhappy there).  Where would I be now if I had made either of those
choices differently?

*sigh*
-Corinna