[FoRK] republican congressman slams bush on militarised police state

Tracie K Meyer con10gent_sentience
Thu Oct 13 08:49:23 PDT 2005

Republican Congressman Slams Bush On Militarized Police State
Preparation

Ron Paul says indictment story is far more damaging than media is
portraying, avian flu martial law provisions aimed at gun confiscation

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones | October 12 2005

Congressman Ron Paul has accused the Bush administration of attempting
to set in motion a militarized police state in America by enacting gun
confiscation martial law provisions in the event of an avian flu
pandemic. Paul also slammed as delusional and dangerous plans to invade
Iran, Syria, North Korea and China.

Ron Paul represents the 14th Congressional district of Texas. He also
serves on the House of Representatives Financial Services Committee, and
the International Relations committee.

Paul appeared on the Alex Jones show yesterday and raised some
interesting points about the possibility of imminent indictments of top
Bush administration figures.

"I think there's a lot more excitement coming and it's not going to be
good for the Republicans," stated Paul.

"The things that I hear have to do with Karl Rove and Abramoff and
that's much much worse than anybody would believe and it involves DeLay
as well."

"And that type of an indictment will be much more serious than the
indictment of shifting campaign funds around.....there's some political
infighting which could make that really interesting."

On the subject of the police state, Paul stated,

"If we don't change our ways we will go the way of Rome and I see that
as rather sad.....the worst things happen when you get the so-called
Republican conservatives in charge from Nixon on down, big government
flourishes under Republicans."

"It's really hard to believe it's happening right in front of us.
Whether it's the torture or the process of denying habeas corpus to an
American citizen."

"I think the arrogance of power that they have where they themselves are
like Communists....in the sense that they decide what is right. The
Communist Party said that they decided what was right or wrong, it
wasn't a higher source."

Paul responded to President Bush's announcement last week that he would
order the use of military assets to police America in the event of an
avian flu outbreak.

"To me it's so strange that the President can make these proposals and
it's even plausible. When he talks about martial law dealing with some
epidemic that might come later on and having forced quarantines, doing
away with Posse Comitatus in order to deal with natural disasters, and
hardly anybody says anything. People must be scared to death."

Paul, himself a medical doctor, agreed that a bird flu threat was
possibly empty fearmongering.

"I believe it is the President hyping this and Rumsfeld, but it has to
be in combination with the people being fearful enough that they will
accept the man on the white horse. My first reaction going from my
political and medical background is that it's way overly hyped and to
think that they have gone this far with it, without a single case in the
whole country and they're willing to change the law and turn it into a
military state? That is unbelievable! They're determined to have martial
law."

Paul opined that the martial law provisions now being promoted by the
Bush administration were a direct response to people's unwillingness to
relinquish their firearms, as was seen in New Orleans after Hurricane
Katrina.

"I think they're concerned about the remnant, the remnant of those
individuals who don't buy into stuff and think that they should take
care of themselves on their own, that they should have their own guns
and their own provisions and they don't want to depend on the government
at all and I think that is a threat to those who want to hold power.
They don't want any resistance to their authoritarian rule."

Paul opined that the government was on a delusional power trip that
threatened the country.

"These guys are ready to start a war with Iran, Syria, North Korea or
China. They can't possibly do that, it's so insane, we don't have the
money, we don't have the troops, we probably don't even have the
ammunition."

"But, if they are truly delusional they just might do something that's
totally irrational."

Paul expressed his hope that finally some conservatives are waking up to
the fact that the Bush administration is a trojan horse, especially
after arch-liberal Harriet Miers was chosen by Bush to supposedly move
the Supreme Court to the right, even though her record is atrocious and
she has been involved in the past covering up for the Bush crime
family's activities.

-tkm
--
If I could only live at the pitch that is near madness
When everything is as it was in my childhood