[FoRK] avian flu/home grown/PastFutureTense

Stephen D. Williams sdw
Thu Oct 13 17:05:14 PDT 2005

In a perfectly pathological (heh) situation, yes it would:

Expose every member of a species to a 100% deadly dose of a virus.  All
susceptible members die.  All those with natural immunity survive.  QED.

Of course, not everyone gets exposed, not every exposure is the same,
exposure->development is not deterministic, susceptibility is not all or
nothing.  Maybe there is no immunity.  Still, the widespread loss of
population in a pandemic should tend to indicate that if there is any
immunity in a population that those with immunity will have better
"market share".

sdw