[FoRK] beware inevitability! a foil tothe technologicalsingularity?

Stephen D. Williams sdw
Sat Oct 15 15:10:42 PDT 2005

Indeed.  I had a good education from someone in Montreal a couple years
ago about the conceit of the francophones in Quebec.  She had lived in
Paris for a long time and said the legendary rudeness of Parisians was
really more busy brusqueness than malicious feels, whereas Quebecois
francophones were just plain mean and conceited.  With her background,
she lived in both halves of Montreal to some extent.

I was a little surprised that Nice-area and Tokyo shopkeepers often
didn't know much or any English, but for that to be the case in Montreal
is just plain bizarre.

sdw