[FoRK] National Identity

Wilkin, Kurt Kurt.Wilkin
Sat Oct 15 18:38:01 PDT 2005

fork-bounces at xent.com wrote:
> Albert Scherbinsky wrote:
>>> Personally, I prefer to just accept what I am, one
>>> heck of lot like our neighbors to the south. Of
>>> course, I'm one heck of a lot more like somebody from Illinois or
>>> New York, than I am like someone from Texas or Mississippi..
>
> Well, see. Now you're making assumptions about
> regional identity. If ever I move to Canada, it will
> be to Victoria or Vancouver, rather than to
> Saskatchewan.

Yeah : found a lot more in common with some of backwater
Californians (Los Banos, close to Modesto, or Merced)
than some homeland (NZ) Aucklanders, or Wellingtonians.
(OTOH, if an All Blacks match ever coincided with a '49ers
game it'd make a liar of me)
Don't know how representative or not Anaheim is
of anywhere, but some of them were damn near alien.

And what with Celine + Avril + Alanis + Shania, wouldn't
it get too noisy in Canadia?

Cheers, Kurt.

--
This electronic message together with any attachments is confidential and
intended for the named recipient's use only.  If you are not the intended
recipient (i) do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any way, (ii)
please let us know by return email immediately then destroy the message, and
any hard copies of the message, and any attachments.  The sender of this
message is not responsible for any changes made to this message and/or any
attachments and/or connection linkages to the Internet referred to in this
message after it has been sent.  Unless otherwise stated, any pricing
information given in this message and/or attachments is indicative only, is
subject to change and does not constitute an offer to buy or sell securities
or derivatives at any price quoted.  Any reference to the terms of executed
transactions should be treated as preliminary only and subject to separate
formal written notification.  Where reference is made to research material
and/or research recommendations, the basis of the provision of such research
material and/or recommendations is set out in the relevant disclaimer.