Fwd: Re: [FoRK] National Identity - Canada

Albert Scherbinsky albert
Sat Oct 15 20:15:01 PDT 2005

This hackneyed writer knows that the U.S. is also a
nation of incredible diversity, built largely by
immigrants. This hackneyed writer knows that Canada
does not practice seperation of church and state as
evidenced by the publicly funded Catholic school board
in Ontario. This hackneyed writer knows that like in
the U.S. corporations have undue influence over
Canadian politics. This hackneyed writer knows that in
some cases companies have been found to be involved
with fraudulently aquiring public funds and then
giving those funds to political parties. This
hackneyed writer knows that in 1812 Canada as a
nation did not exist yet, it was a British colony.
This hackneyed writer did not claim that Canada has no
national identity, only that some tend to define it in
terms of how we are different from the U.S. Some
hackneyed writers don't let the facts get in the way
of their writing.

Albert