[FoRK] Opinions Requested :-)

zuzu sean.zuzu
Tue Oct 25 14:13:42 PDT 2005

On 10/23/05, Gavin Thomas Nicol <gtn at rbii.com> wrote:
> Podcasts... now there's another technology I don't understand. I
> can't see why it's a good thing to send a base64 encoded voice stream
> to *everybody* subscribed to the feed, when you could send a *link*
> to everybody and have them pull it using the RSS technology that
> exists today. Am I missing something?

are you simply saying that i should have to manually *request* the
_actual data_?
HELLO!  i'm trying to *horde* my own personal local archive of data
here!  seriously.

it's that kind of mentality that leads software designers to do stupid
things such as in itunes where if you don't listen to a podcast as
often as the "central authority" of itunes programmers considers
sufficient, they _stop collecting those podcasts_ until you hit a (!)
button and then an "ok" button.

or did i misunderstand you?

-z