Email Clients (Was Re: [FoRK] Tell Me, Oh Mages...)

Mike Masnick mike
Fri Oct 28 17:20:47 PDT 2005

At 11:21 PM 10/28/2005 +0530, Udhay Shankar N wrote:
>At 10:06 AM 10/28/2005, Reza B'Far wrote:
>
>>What happened to the startup that Yahoo! bought (or did they?) that was
>>working on this super cool email client that was supposed to crush MS
>>Outlook?  It was all over the web about 1-2 years ago.
>
>Oddpost is the company you're probably thinking of (not Bloomba). One
>result of that acquisition can be seen here:
>
>http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/005401.html

I thought of Oddpost, but from the description, I think he was talking
about Bloomba.  Oddpost is a webmail app, not a client side one, and it
seemed clear Ian was asking about clientside... Also, the timing.  The
Bloomba acquisition was a while ago, and is more aptly described as a
"super cool email client."  The Oddpost acquisition was much more recent --
and it was Bloomba that everyone kept saying would "crush" MS Outlook.  I
don't recall hearing that about Oddpost.

Mike