[FoRK] postcards from paradise

Jeff Bone jbone
Tue Nov 15 19:27:37 PST 2005

On Nov 15, 2005, at 8:53 PM, Joe Barrera wrote:

> Jeff Bone wrote:
>

>>  Got hitched, despite all rational reasons / historical argument to
>>  the contrary.  Currently in tropical paradise, further details
>>  forthcoming at some point.
>>

> Hey!
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Meanwhile, my dear wife is divorcing me... *sigh*

Joe, if this is your first divorce...  I don't know your context, but
from my own experience --- you should fucking celebrate.  The first
marriage is almost always, apparently, a mistake.  It took me 13
years post-divorce to get to the second one;  10 years of shacking up
before I felt comfortable enough.  You are going to have a HARD TIME,
buddy...  your oxytocin's fucked, your seratonin's fucked, etc. etc.
You are going to have some HARD NIGHTS for about 2-6 months.  The
more you LIVE LIFE --- and by that, I mean PARTY HARD --- the
better.  In the meantime surround yourself 24x7 with *younger,
single* friends that have the same PARTY HARD agenda --- and you'll
be better off.  You *can* rewire your brain and body after a
relationship like this.  Just cater to your biological whims ---
indeed, indulge, encourage, and even coerce them.  Live like you were
21.

Look at it as a reprieve.  Live the next 6-12 months of your life as
if you were 21 again, and your body will do its evolutionary best to
meet the demands you make of it --- you will GROW YOUNGER.  It's
hard, but it's a blessing (word I hate) --- not a curse.

Seriously.

Let yourself jibe your way through the next few months.  Your
superego will keep you on an even keel.

$0.02,

jb