[FoRK] base is out...

Rohit Khare khare
Wed Nov 16 05:12:38 PST 2005

Supports Atom uploads, if not microformats.

schemas:
> Text
>
> Author: Joe Smith
> Number-unit
>
> Memory: 2 gigabytes
> Number
>
> Bedrooms: 2
> Date range
>
> Birthday: 5/14/1965
> Large text
>
> Directions: Turn right at Main Street, ...
> Web URL
>
> Home page: http://www.google.com
> Checkbox
>
> Parking space included?
> Item Location
>
> 1 Main Street, Anytown, USA

see
http://base.google.com/base/search?
a_n506=vehicles&a_y506=0&a_s506=0&a_r=1

What is Google Base? - Quick Facts - Screenshots - FAQ

What is Google Base?

Google Base is a place where you can easily submit all types of
online and offline content that we'll host and make searchable
online. You can describe any item you post with attributes, which
will help people find it when they search Google Base. In fact, based
on the relevance of your items, they may also be included in the main
Google search index and other Google products like Froogle, Google
Base and Google Local.

Quick Facts about Google Base

Cost: Free
Item types accepted: All types of online and offline information and
images
Languages: You can submit your information in many languages; the
Google Base interface, however, including the Help Content, is
currently available only in English, English UK and German.
Reach: Items you submit to Google Base can be found on Google Base
and, depending on their relevance, may also appear on Google
properties like Google, Froogle and Google Local.
How it's different: Google Base enables you to add attributes that
better describe your content so that users can easily find it. The
more popular specific attributes become, the more often we'll suggest
them when others post the same items. Similarly, items that become
more popular will show up as suggested item types in the Choose an
existing item type drop down menu.

Screenshots