[FoRK] Re: Milestones toward the end of religion

Albert S. albert.scherbinsky
Tue Dec 27 08:02:41 PST 2005

Yeah, I'm not saying that organized religion does a
good job at teaching morals and ethics, only that no
other institution in our society does it. Parents have
a large role here I suppose. With dual income
families, parents aren't spending enough time with
their children to fulfill this role.

I took some philosophy in university and I agree that
it would be good to teach some in high school. But,
none of the philosophy courses, that I took, addressed
morals and ethics.

Albert