[FoRK] Musings

Corinna corinna.schultz
Tue Dec 27 09:59:51 PST 2005

The weather was nice this weekend, so I took my kids to the beach. (My
husband really doesn't like the beach, too bad...).

It's always surprising to me how peaceful the beach is in the winter. There
aren't hordes of tourists, the weather is actually pleasant instead of hot,
the wind doesn't seem to have as much sticky salt in it, the seagulls even
seem more polite.   :)

We "had" my son's birthday this weekend too. (A solution for
procrastinators: don't ever tell your kids exactly *when* their birthday
is... His is in early November.) His eyes really lit up when he received a
couple of booster packs of pokemon and duel masters. He thought it was
really cool when he saw the 3D puzzle of a castle...  He stayed up late
sorting through his cards.  It was a very pleasant evening.  I'm pleased to
see how he's calmed down over the past year, and he's developing more mature
ways of dealing with us and his sister. His emotions seem more honest too...

-Corinna