[FoRK] Testing for Mac's

Andy Armstrong andy
Fri Dec 30 02:47:26 PST 2005

On 30 Dec 2005, at 07:13, Reza B'Far wrote:
> Is there a way to test for Mac browsers (IE, Safari) on Windows or
> Linux?
> I've googled and googled to no use :-(

Not really. You could try to get an Intel build of Mac OS X and
install that. IE doesn't exist for Macs any more - and hasn't been
updated for a couple of years. Safari is entirely Mac specific though.

> Basically, I'm thinking there must be a tool that QA folks use that
> would
> act like Safari on Windows or Linux... and I just don't know of it.

Not that I know of. For a couple of hundred bucks - or less - you can
get an old G4 400Mhz and stuff a bit of extra RAM and a new HD in it.
That'll run Tiger surprisingly well - in fact I'm using one as my
main desktop system just now.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net