[FoRK] A lyrical thought for the new year...

Jeff Bone jbone
Sat Dec 31 21:13:26 PST 2005

In the spirit of the occasional lyrical Barrera-burst, I just heard a
song on the radio that I hadn't heard for ages, but which seems...
oddly uplifting and appropriate and somehow poignant and tragic and
wonderful and sad and hopeful all at once.  My new year's wish, hope,
and message:

--

from

	http://www.anysonglyrics.com/lyrics/a/alphaville/foreveryoung.htm

--

Artist : Alphaville
Song : Forever Young

Lyrics:

Let's dance in style, lets dance for a while
Heaven can wait we're only watching the skies
Hoping for the best but expecting the worst
Are you going to drop the bomb or not?

Let us die young or let us live forever
We don't have the power but we never say never
Sitting in a sandpit, life is a short trip
The music's for the sad men

Can you imagine when this race is won
Turn our golden faces into the sun
Praising our leaders we're getting in tune
The music's played by the mad men

Forever young, I want to be forever young
do you really want to live forever, forever and ever
Forever young, I want to be forever young
do you really want to live forever? Forever young

Some are like water, some are like the heat
Some are a melody and some are the beat
Sooner or later they all will be gone
why don't they stay young

It's so hard to get old without a cause
I don't want to perish like a fleeing horse
Youth's like diamonds in the sun
and diamonds are forever

So many adventures couldn't happen today
So many songs we forgot to play
So many dreams swinging out of the blue
We let them come true