[FoRK] We still don't have a name for this decade

Albert Scherbinsky albert
Mon Jan 2 11:34:05 PST 2006

I'm warming up to the 2k's.

We still have a few years before this becomes a very
urgent problem. Now if we want to talk about this
decade we can just say "this decade". As in, this
decade sucks compared to the 90s. In 2015 we are
definately going to need a name so that we can say
something like the 2ks sucked compared to this decade.

2k has already taken on meaning from Y2k, although for
different reasons. So far it is the decade of unmet
expectations, political and economic turbulence. Four
more years of this crap, and it's a done deal. The
2ks, the decade that sucKed.

Albert