[FoRK] We still don't have a name for this decade

aaron at bavariati.org aaron
Mon Jan 2 18:54:49 PST 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 08:44:58AM +0800, James Tauber wrote:
> double-yew-double-yew-double-yew for World Wide Web is 3x in syllable
> count.

Huh?  Whatchew mean?
Dub-ya dub-ya dub-ya: 6 syllables.
Whirr-uld why-ud way-ub: 6 syllables.

I picked up dub-dub-dub from watching Richard Metzger's interview show
back in the day.  As a neologism, it sounded unnatural at the time, but
it grew on me.  Of course, if the site's set up right, you can leave it
off anyway.

I still wince when I hear someone on the radio say, "Aitch-tee-tee-pee
colon, or is that a semicolon, backslash backslash, double-you
double-you double-you, period..."

Whisky whisky whisky,
  Aaron  (And yes, >I< know it's not a backslash.)