[FoRK] We still don't have a name for this decade

Gordon Mohr gojomofork
Mon Jan 2 19:35:30 PST 2006

We don't have a name for the decade because we don't need a
name for the decade. Decade generalizations, much like
generational generalizations, are bunk -- sham narratives made
up to fill media inventory.

The ever-so-slight difficulty presented by not having a handy
consensus name for this decade has been enough to spare us
the strained decade-characterization puff pieces for 6 years
now. We should enjoy the break -- the tens are right around
the corner. ("The tens: when the nation returned to crappy
lazy decade-centric thinking.")

And, for 'www', I like 'sextuple-yew', as in 3 * double-yew.
At 4 syllables, it's not the most efficient, but it sounds a
little naughty -- which is appropriate for the web, if not
the decade.

- Gordon