[FoRK] Re: Re: High school curriculum (Corinna)

Jeff Barr jeff
Wed Jan 4 12:25:00 PST 2006

From: "Corinna" <corinna.schultz at gmail.com>

> Unfortunately, we moved to the Valley halfway through my 7th grade year,
> and I ended up going to Rio Hondo jr high. Ugh.

[...]

> The Valley being what it is, the kids hated me, too, so I had only
> a couple of friends (who were from outside the area), and I pretty much
> stuck to myself.

[...]

> I had to argue and argue to get my parents to let me live with my
> grandparents so I could avoid having to go back to Rio Hondo. Rio
> Hondo is a tiny town right near Harlingen.)

Uh, excuse me for asking the obvious question here, but do public
junior high and high schools in the Valley suck in general, as I
seem to be reading here?

So far I have resisted some career moves that would take me into that
area, but one never knows about the future. With 4 kids still in
school I'd rather know sooner than later.

Jeff;