[FoRK] Re: A bit of religion - Problem of Evil

Corinna corinna.schultz
Thu Jan 5 05:27:47 PST 2006

"Kevin Elliott" <k-elliott at wiu.edu> wrote in message
> Free Will.

The Christian solution to the problem of evil seems self-contradictory. Has
God willingly limited himself (and so is effectively no longer omni*) by
having the requirement that people have free will? .. kind of like a writer
willingly limits themselves when they write a haiku..

It seems to me a purely logical contradiction -- all the omni* qualities
cannot exist at the same time, in the same being, given the world that we
live in.

-Corinna