[FoRK] Sony's 2nd gen ebook reader site

Ken Meltsner meltsner
Fri Jan 6 09:12:42 PST 2006

It looks like the Sony ebook is more of a "peripheral" than a
standalone computer -- a portable bit bucket with a nice display.  The
eink "electronic paper" approach doesn't lend itself to Web browsing,
I think.

Ken

On 1/6/06, Gavin Thomas Nicol <gtn at rbii.com> wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2006, at 11:20 AM, Luis Villa wrote:
> > When these drop in price to (say) the price of an early walkman, and
> > come with wireless and some preloaded feeds, the combination of rss +
> > eink will have finally, officially, obsoleted newspapers.
>
> Finally! I didn't see anything about network connectivity though?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, but model train sets do a pretty
good job as well

-- 2/28/05, in a odd dream