[FoRK] Re: Re: birth control...?

Aaron Burt aaron
Fri Jan 6 10:58:56 PST 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 09:01:44PM -0600, Corinna wrote:

> "Aaron Burt" <aaron at bavariati.org> wrote in message
> > So what's keeping you?  High tech hiring is perking up again,
>
> Money, for the time being...  Here, houses are practically free, and if I
> want a decent place when I move, I'll have to save up for it. Plus moving
> costs are significant.

Let's hear it for moving allowances.

> Actually, I've bit the bullet and have a phone interview with Microsoft next
> week. (Part 2 in a long process, from what I understand)

Redmond.  Oog.  Don't plan on commuting by car.  The only way to get
around the area w/o sitting in stop-and-go is to bicycle, or use the
carpool lanes.  (Tip: motorcycles can use carpool lanes.)

Oh, and money's smaller up there, so even if their salary offer seems
astronomical, it'll actually be peanuts.  Especially given the long hours.

No good at salary negotiations,
  Aaron