[FoRK] For Joe's dating profile. Or something

Bitch | Lab info
Fri Jan 6 16:26:17 PST 2006

Not to offend Corinna, but I thought this was hilarious. It's Maryamie
Scoble's 10 Reasons Why You Should Date a Geek. I thought Joe might be able
to use it when he starts in with the online dating services like Match.com.
It is actually pretty rude, but it was intended to play off the stereotypes
as a joke:

http://spaces.msn.com/members/maryamie/Blog/cns!1pJf1AP0KsxqptNL0A6dlsgA!848.entry

In Defense of Geeks or Ten Reasons Why You Should Date a Geek

About a year ago I appeared along with my loving geeky husband at the Chris
Pirillo Show and stated my reasons why ladies should consider dating a
geek. A week ago, Brian Bailey emailed me and kindly asked me to write a
post on ten best things about being married to a geek.

Now, I don't praise Robert on this blog too much, because A, his head would
get too big and it would be hard to live with him under one roof and B, I
don't think it is very amusing or interesting when couples say mushy stuff
about each other. Happy couples make me sick. Akh, gross, gag me with a spoon.

But I feel after three months of picking on him on this blog, I owe him one
nice post and truth be told, I do love the guy. I am crazy about that
goofball. Shhhhhh, don't tell him I said that. So ladies, here are ten best
things about being married to a geek:

1) He can fix your computer. There I said it. Do you really need another
reason? He is not a bum. He has useful skills that can make your life (at
least the part that is spent on the computer, and let's face it, that is
where we all spent most of our time any way) run smooth. Not enough? OK,
here's number two.

2) He has friends who can fix your computer. So now you are in a
relationship and he knows he's got you and doesn't feel like he needs to
jump every time you call. All of a sudden he is too busy for you? He has
work to do and can't get there fast enough? No problem. Call one of his
buddies. They'd love to help out. Geeks are the most helpful friends you'd
ever make.

3) Not a computer person? OK, here's the killer. He can also hook up the
TV, connect the DVD player and Tivo your favorite programs. He'll also hook
you up with the sweetest sound system you've ever heard. It would be like
angels singing to you.

4) Looking further for another reason? Yes, you guessed it. He has friends
who can hook up the TV, connect the DVD player, etc. etc. etc.

5) And it gets better: Not only can he fix your computer and DVD player, he
can do the same for your friends. All of a sudden your social life will
pick up. Your phone won't stop ringing. Dinner invitations come up every
night of the week. You'd be as popular as if you owned a truck and you
don't even have to help anyone move.

6) Sigh
you really want more reasons to date a geek? Fine. Here's one for
your vanity. He'll make you shine every where you go. No matter how clumsy
your sense of style, no matter how awkward your social skills, you'll be a
fashion star and a classy diplomat next to your geek. He'll make you look
so good; you'll fall in love with yourself.

7) So you are not into computers, TVs and DVDs and you don't care about
being popular and fashionable. What about the newest techie gadgets? Do you
like cell. phones, digital cameras, camcorders, or MP3 players? Forget
bling bling. Let me tell you girlfriend, you are going to be a proud owner
of the latest gadgets if you ever decide to date a geek. Your cell. phone
will not only have your best friends' number on speed dial, it would also
be able to take pictures, make movies and even do your nails. Your sleek,
sexy, and very small digital camera will take pictures that will put Ansel
Adams to shame and your brand new, top of the line MP3 player will make all
the heads turn your way.

8) Not satisfied yet? Ok, I hear you. You are saying gadgets and toys are
fun, but they won't keep me warm in the middle of the night, if you know
what I mean. Well, I didn't think I would have to tell you this, but I
guess you are going to make me spell it out for you. Here's the deal, sweet
and simple: Your geek will worship the ground you walk on. He'll be so
happy that a pretty girl like you paid attention to him that he'll be at
your feet. He'll adore you as if you were his queen. In his arms, you'll
feel like you are at the top of the world. Believe me, I know what I am
talking about.

9) I know I got your attention now, but wait it gets better. He won't cheat
on you either. You don't believe me? Here's a test. Place the sexiest woman
on earth in a room with a geek, say Angelina Jolie in a Victoria Secret
sexy lingerie. At the other corner of the room, place the latest model of
some computer or other. I am willing to bet my bottom dollar that your geek
would want to play with that computer much more than getting to know
Angelina Jolie. In fact, he might not even see her if the computer is on
and connected to the Internet. C'mmon he has to check his email, surf the
web and blog about the fact that he is in a room with Angelina Jolie ;)

10) Ok, reason number ten. Did I mention he can fix your computer???

-- Dennis Perrin, redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab
http://blog.pulpculture.org