[FoRK] Uncertainty and Religion

Albert Scherbinsky albert
Sun Jan 8 08:24:59 PST 2006

Although, those who try to rationalise God with
arguments like "Intelligent Design" will find that
reason is more likely to hurt them than help them,
those who subscribe to the uncertainty of
God(agnostics) can find help from science in
Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. According to
Heisenberg's uncertainty principle both the position
and momentum of a particle can't be known at the same
time. It doesn't say that the particle doesn't have
both position and momentum at the same time, only that
we don't know it. That science believes there are
things which exist that we can't/don't know should at
least leave the question of the existence of God an
open question.

Albert