[FoRK] Well, here's something comforting...

Regina Schuman rschuman
Sun Jan 8 14:54:22 PST 2006

The LEAK is being investigated, not the doings of the President.  The
adminstration is taking the "What sort of traitor told the press our
anti-terror secrets?" stance.  Best defense is a good offense.

I heard some moron on C-SPAN call in with "Those liberals who  think
listening in on Atta is soooo wrong ...."   So, you see, the rhetoric is
already party-lined.  However, there were three calls complaining that
Clinton was investigated for far less.  We'll see if a real
investigation occurs, one in which the President doesn't claim executive
privilege and one in which the Supreme Court doesn't agree with him.
Which is exactly why Aulito is being pushed to answer questions about
executive privilege. Not that his answer might keep him from
appointment, but to guarantee his recusal if / when this case comes
before him.

>>> Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> 12/31/2005 10:32:30 PM >>>

Now that Alberto's on the case, I'm sure we can all sleep easier
knowing that our civil liberties are being dutifully and diligently
safeguarded..

Hey, here's a great idea:  let's let accused murderers *prosecute*
the trials of their accomplices, too!

Grrr...

jb