[FoRK] For Joe's dating profile. Or something

Wilkin, Kurt Kurt.Wilkin
Sun Jan 8 14:54:24 PST 2006

Joe Barrera wrote:

> Hell, I don't even know what Angelina Jolie looks like or what
> she does (Actress? Model?) The name is familiar, I'll admit.

Slashdot-game-geek fame for playing the Tomb Raider character
in a movie. (This makes her an enabler of the "vindicated! See,
if everyone else likes the same stuff we do, thats kinda like
they like us too!" vote)

And everyone knows that the geeky guy is going to see Ms. Jolie,
realise he hasn't got a chance and go look at porn.

But, the point of this is to be careful with using the
'fix-your-computer' angle : most people know about mechanics
cars, hairdressers hairstyles, and unfortunately, lump the
uberboxen with a Terabyte of raid-0 disk, that can boot one
of each of the BSD's, BEOS, EROS and Plan-9 into the same
category.

And Scoble the marketing dude is a geek?
Geez, they let anyone in these days.

> She's not dating that actor from Fight Club, is she?

Thats too hard for me.

Cheers, Kurt.
--
This electronic message together with any attachments is confidential and
intended for the named recipient's use only.  If you are not the intended
recipient (i) do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any way, (ii)
please let us know by return email immediately then destroy the message, and
any hard copies of the message, and any attachments.  The sender of this
message is not responsible for any changes made to this message and/or any
attachments and/or connection linkages to the Internet referred to in this
message after it has been sent.  Unless otherwise stated, any pricing
information given in this message and/or attachments is indicative only, is
subject to change and does not constitute an offer to buy or sell securities
or derivatives at any price quoted.  Any reference to the terms of executed
transactions should be treated as preliminary only and subject to separate
formal written notification.  Where reference is made to research material
and/or research recommendations, the basis of the provision of such research
material and/or recommendations is set out in the relevant disclaimer.