[FoRK] Uncertainty and Religion

Albert S. albert.scherbinsky
Sun Jan 8 14:54:25 PST 2006

> It's not a scientific question. It's a question for
> philosophy, and you
> can attempt it with logic, but not with science.
> Because today's
> concept of a god is a thing that is beyond science.
> No matter what
> experiment you perform, a proponent will say "ah,
> but my beyond-science
> being wouldn't be affected by that."  This ought to
> be clear.

You seem to be restating my point with different
attitude. My point being that there are things beyond
science, which should leave the question of the
existence of God an open one.

> As for Heisenberg's principle, it's not about what
> we can "know", as in
> "discover".  It's only about measurement, and it
> only applies to
> particles small enough to exhibit QM effects.

Are you claiming to know how big god is?

> Here's an analogy. You're in front of a soda
> machine, with one quarter
> in your hand.   You can have *either* a Coke or a
> Sprite.  But not both.

Here's an analogy. You're in front of the universe
with one choice. Either God exists or doesn't, but not
both.

Albert