[FoRK] The party of "Big White Men"

Bitch | Lab info at pulpculture.org
Mon Jan 16 11:16:26 PST 2006

Thanks to Debz for the pointer. Figured Geege would lurv it.

Quote of the week, found in NY Post's Rush & Malloy, 1/16/06:

Martha Stewart, Sigourney Weaver, Walter Cronkite, Harry Smith and
Stone Phillips checked out Eugene Jarecki's Sundance-winning
documentary, "Why We Fight," the other night. The film explores how
we got to Baghdad, starting with Dwight Eisenhower's 1961 warning
about a swelling "military-industrial complex." At the screening,
co-hosted by Ike's granddaughter Anne Eisenhower, Jarecki recalled
interviewing Ike's son Brig. Gen. (Ret.) John Eisenhower. "He was
going on about what a bastard [President] Bush was," Jarecki told us.
"I said, 'Aren't you a Republican?' He said, 'Damn right, and I voted
for him.' I was always told the GOP was the party of big white men.
I'm a big white man, but I found out the big white men were the ones
most to be feared.'"

Bitch | Lab
http://blog.pulpculture.org