[FoRK] Re: a conundrum

Damien Morton fork at bitfurnace.com
Thu Jan 19 10:04:25 PST 2006

Corinna wrote:
> There are similar studies showing that people can see something like a 10
> second clip of a teacher teaching (with the sound off) and give remarkably
> similar evaluations as students do at the end of the course.
>
> Also, people viewing a clip of an interviewee shaking hands with an
> interviewer make judgements that correlate strongly with the interviewer's
> later assessment.
>
> (Sorry I can't provide links, I was reading this stuff recently, thinking
> about job interviews.)
>
> I guess that goes a long ways to explain why people voted for Bush twice.

I wasnt going to throw that one out there.

The scarier thought is that, if this 50-millisecond thing is truly
general, then its not just voters that are making 50-millisecond snap
judgments, but Presidents as well.

And you know, maybe this 50-millisecond things hasnt always been there.
maybe its just an artefact of the orbital mind control lasers.

Im never got to get to sleep tonight.