[FoRK] bin Laden offers truce & why that's unacceptable

Jeffrey Winter JeffreyWinter at crd.com
Thu Jan 19 13:53:16 PST 2006

According to the casualty reports at the Iraq Coalition
Casualty Count site here: http://icasualties.org/oif/
there hasn't been a successful IED attack, i.e., one
that resulted in a soldier's death for almost two
weeks now - actually, 12 days.  A quick analysis of
the data shows this to be the longest stretch without
a deadly IED attack since the end of major conflict
(May 2003).

There also seems to be a precipitous drop in the number
of wounded soldiers (83 total so far this month, as
opposed to about 400 per month previously).