[FoRK] bin Laden offers truce & why that's unacceptable

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu Jan 19 16:53:33 PST 2006

Lucas Gonze wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
>> I should pick a different point of view every week.
>>
>> I guess that whole califate thing isn't working out so swell at the
>> moment?
>
> Well, I think we're still in phase 2 of the plan.  phase 1 was to
> incite us into war in the middle east, phase 3 is the apocalypse
> thingie.  but all systems are go so far.
I guess they never heard of war boom.  And they never expected any Arab
/ Muslim in the Middle East to embrace democracy.

>> I keep thinking that they were thinking that if they dropped the
>> "World Trade Centers" that the world economy would suffer a severe
>> hit.  Not much else explains their fixation with that target.
>
> WTC was a big symbol in the arab world, bigger for them than us.  At
> least that's the way it was explained to me.

They're jealous of our phallic symbols perhaps??
Or maybe the pair of them was a bit too homosexual for them?  (A sick
thought, but something attracted them.)

Maybe we should just mount a Koran in all large buildings.

My I'm ornery today.