universal values Re: [FoRK] bin Laden offers truce

Damien Morton fork at bitfurnace.com
Thu Jan 19 18:17:03 PST 2006

The question becomes moot if reciprocity is called for, that is, for
every intervention you ethically justify to yourselves, you must also
allow yourself to be intervened in.

As far as intervention in Iraq goes, I cant imagine any circumstance or
any intervention that would be considered permissible as far as Iraqi
intervening in the US, or by any other nation for that matter.

As a result, any discussion about acceptable interventions is completely
  hypocritical and solipsistic.