[FoRK] The 50 Most Loathsome People in America (and then some)

Jeff Bone < jbone at place.org > on > Thu Feb 2 06:55:18 PST 2006

On Feb 1, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

> Damn you, the writing kept sucking me into reading more.  I have
> things to get done!
>
> How do you whip out a list like the one below just like that?

Oh, it was easy.  I do regular maintenance on my "shit list."  (If,
as the old saw goes, "intelligence is remembering what you're
interested in" --- then I'd like to offer the following:
"effectiveness is remembering what you don't like, and why.")  Cut-n-
paste plus a few shell goodies allowed me to find the set difference
between the article's list and my own pretty easily. ;-)

> Geesh, things have been interesting lately but I can't (and won't)
> remember names with nearly that fidelity.  (I could have come up
> with maybe 10 I'd guess.)
>
> Now, where is Bill Gates and co. on this list???

I'm beyond worrying about Gates these days.  It's become clear to me
that the market is reacting to / routing around them in a strategic /
macro sense, though it's likely to take a long time;  but I no longer
worry about them owning the whole enchilada and thereby halting all
forward progress.

jb