[FoRK] Re: yet another story about my kid

Corinna < corinna.schultz at gmail.com > on > Tue Mar 7 05:53:11 PST 2006

"Gavin Thomas Nicol" <gtn at rbii.com> wrote in message news:23DC42E6-D2C8-
> I have a  firm belief that kids can pick up almost anything you toss at
> them.

I think that is so true. It's a shame so many kids spend way too much time
in unproductive activities. It's a shame that so many parents don't take
their parenting job seriously...

I had a student who was killed in a car accident after going to Mexico with
some friends and drinking, and then drag racing. This kid was the most
disrespectful, immature student I'd had, out of about 9 classes, and I'd
repeatedly called his mother about him. She said she would punish him by not
letting him get his license. The accident happend the following summer.
You'd think they would have realized that he was too immature for that kind
of freedom with his friends... Who knows...

-Corinna