[FoRK] Re: yet another story about my kid

Regina Schuman < rschuman at jfcsjax.org > on > Tue Mar 7 06:36:50 PST 2006

at this juncture i'm gonna ask:  how many of you on this list were
"difficult" teens?

geege

"Gavin Thomas Nicol" <gtn at rbii.com> wrote in message
> I have a  firm belief that kids can pick up almost anything you toss
at
> them.

I think that is so true. It's a shame so many kids spend way too much
time
in unproductive activities. It's a shame that so many parents don't
take
their parenting job seriously...

I had a student who was killed in a car accident after going to Mexico
with
some friends and drinking, and then drag racing. This kid was the most

disrespectful, immature student I'd had, out of about 9 classes, and
I'd
repeatedly called his mother about him. She said she would punish him
by not
letting him get his license. The accident happend the following summer.

You'd think they would have realized that he was too immature for that
kind
of freedom with his friends... Who knows...

-Corinna