[FoRK] mod_pubsub way ahead of its time: Comet solves Ajax-envy

Lucas Gonze < lgonze at panix.com > on > Wed Mar 8 17:57:22 PST 2006

Digressing --

It seems to me that the term "AJAX" directs attention away from what is
unique and important about the underlying trend.  The thing that is unique
and important is bringing Unix-ish / FOSS ways of working to browser apps.

In this case, for example, something wrapped up under the AJAX topic is in
fact not asynchronous at all.

-Lucas