[FoRK] mod_pubsub way ahead of its time: Comet solves Ajax-envy

Adam L Beberg < beberg at mithral.com > on > Thu Mar 9 14:56:39 PST 2006

Ken Meltsner wrote on 3/8/2006 5:50 PM:
> Recent presentation at the O'Reilly ETech conference highlighted
> "Comet," which is a new name for an old trick: using an open HTTP
> connection to send data to clients, rather than using polling like
> ajax.

You mean the old trick of hosting an application so the user can't own
the thing, and must keep paying you forever. That's not new.

All the whole AJAX thing is that, keeping people from owning software,
or back in the day what was mainframes and dumb-terminal computing, and
users eventually rebelled against.

Round and round we go, same hype new suckers^H^H^H^H^H^H^H users.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/