[FoRK] beware Knoppix 4 hard drive install!

Corinna < corinna.schultz at gmail.com > on > Tue Mar 14 05:31:12 PST 2006

My Linux install finally works! I hates the person who wrote the Knoppix
install program forever!

It turns out that in the latest version of Knoppix, when you do a hard drive
install, there's a bug in the default grub config file. Since I was totally
unfamiliar with grub, I didn't recognize it as a bug, though in retrospect,
it's like - doh! -  The config file has ### replacing a couple of critical
characters, thus destroying the meaning of that line, and causing a kernel
panic when you try to boot.

Beware!

Did they not test the hard drive install at all?? Or maybe they thought
everyone would take their advice and not install it on the hard drive :)

-Corinna