[FoRK] Amazon S3 storage service

Justin Mason < jm at jmason.org > on > Tue Mar 14 13:24:42 PST 2006

Gavin Thomas Nicol writes:
> On Mar 14, 2006, at 3:39 PM, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> > I'm playing with the Perl bindings for Fuse just now - 0 to
> > filesystem in just a few minutes. Good stuff.
>
> I first started messing around with things like this by writing a
> user-space NFS server (in the 80's). FUSE is a lot easier ;-)

amen to that!  XDR -- ugh.

fwiw I did up a DAV backend for FUSE's predecessor, AVFS, back in 2002,
simply using the Neon DAV client library.  it was experimental, read-only,
had memory leaks, and I'm sorry to say I never really polished it up ;) --
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/avf/avfs/modules/dav.c?rev=1.4

--j.