[FoRK] Putting a little fear of Evolution in folks....

Albert S. < albert.scherbinsky at rogers.com > on > Wed Mar 15 13:18:47 PST 2006

I agree, whether or not you consider viruses to be
alive, isn't interesting.

I think everyone can agree that viruses are things
with genetic material that reproduce. Whether you call
that a living thing or not is a matter of convention.

What struck me as interesting is that because viruses
reporoduce so rapidly and in such large numbers they
evolve very rapidly. And just by watching the progress
of the Avian Flu we can see evolution in action in
real time.

We fear that this virus will evolve into a form that
is contagous between humans. Fear of Evolution.

Albert