[FoRK] Putting a little fear of Evolution in folks....

Eugen Leitl < eugen at leitl.org > on > Wed Mar 15 13:24:21 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 03:18:51PM -0500, Albert S. wrote:

> The Avian Flu is a terrible thing, but am I the only

Why is it a terrible thing? It's very far removed from
a pandemic, and it's not obvious this strain is the one.

> one who thinks it's cool to see a living thing evolve
> in real time, right before our eyes?

Living things do it all the time (and sometimes, even
nonliving things). Sometimes people even bother to
demonstrate it to undergrads under controlled conditions.