[FoRK] Putting a little fear of Evolution in folks....

Adam L Beberg < beberg at mithral.com > on > Wed Mar 15 13:46:42 PST 2006

Albert Scherbinsky wrote on 3/15/2006 12:35 PM:
> Good question.
>
> I'm inclined to believe that they are alive. Things
> with genetic material that reproduce are alive, no?

To mash the 2 current threads together...

Virii are kinda like people on welfare. They certainly cannot survive on
their own, nor reproduce without help from the machinery of other living
things. Neither is something any living thing wants around. They are a
great drain on the host, and eventually kill it, be it a host cell or a
welfare state.

So if you spot either, kill it as fast as you possibly can before it
kills you.

So while a virus has genetic material, it's not really "alive". It is
instructions to create life tho, a bit chicken and egg I suppose. Fun to
debate, but totally pointless, in the end you're dead either way.

Disclaimer: This post was in no way about France, even if it seems like
it. ;)

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/