[FoRK] Amazing op-ed: Slavery was good, and Democrats are bad

mattj at newsblip.com < mattj at newsblip.com > on > Thu Mar 16 10:57:05 PST 2006

Quoting myself:

> Alternatively, look at Bush's job-approval numbers among African
> Americans.  They have dropped to something near 2%.  Two percent.

You know, maybe I was being too hard on Bush.  His numbers will
probably bounce back up, now that he's demonstrating more compassion,
such as this report on Sunday:

"Through the challenges, the President has kept his human touch.
Touring New Orleans last week, he met a man who had survived for days
on canned goods before being evacuated to Utah. 'Were you the only
black man in Salt Lake City?' Bush asked."

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/printout/0,8816,1172231,00.html

-Matt Jensen
http://mattjensen.com
Seattle