[FoRK] job: New York City

Damien Morton < fork at bitfurnace.com > on > Thu Mar 16 18:25:07 PST 2006

Regarding this job: having worked for these guys for several years, I
can say that they pay well, are an extremely smart and personable bunch
of people, and have a talent for finding extremely challenging and
interesting work. Their clients are mostly in the financial industry,
though no financial experience is required. These guys are some the best
people I have worked with.

--------------------------
Based in New York City, we are looking to expand our staff of
senior-level software engineers. Our clients include some of the world's
largest financial institutions. We engage on technically challenging
projects that compel us to continually evolve our skills, both
individually and collectively.

Our ideal candidate has the following attributes:

* At least 5-10 years of professional software development experience,
including using C# and .NET.

* Java/J2EE/C++ experience considered desirable but not required

* Strong grasp of software design patterns and effective development
methodologies

* Demonstrated experience writing commercial-grade software applications
with a preference for thick-client apps over web-based apps

* Deep understanding of multithreaded, real-time, and event-driven
software architectures

* Driven to produce software of the highest quality through
self-discipline, clear and engaged communication, and attention to detail

* BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience

To be accepted for this position you will need to have a deep software
background. Web experience and basic server side scripting are not
sufficient. Our interview process is rigorous, and will test your
knowledge of software architecture, implementation skills, understanding
of process and communication abilities.

We offer a highly competitive salary, full health benefits and a
performance-based cash+equity bonus plan, as well as a truly great place
to work. We value our people, and are committed to providing a
respectful work environment with challenges appropriate to your
experience and aptitude.

To qualify for this position, you will need to be a US citizen, hold a
US working visa, or be an Australian cititzen. You will also need to be
willing to relocate to New York City.

Contact: Damien Morton, {first-name}.{last-name}@gmail.com