[FoRK] I'll be in Austin this summer

Russell Turpin < deafbox at hotmail.com > on > Fri Mar 17 07:05:59 PST 2006

"Corinna" <corinna.schultz at gmail.com>:
>So how likely is it that I'll be able to find a studio (efficiency)
>apartment near the IBM campus for, say,  <$400 ?  I don't need a swimming
>pool or anything fancy, but I don't want gansters next door either...

Well, you never know about your neighbors. There
are quite a few apartment complexes in that area,
and I suspect you'll find something reasonable. I'd
also look south of the IBM campus, twixt Mopac
and Burnet. There's some bus line that goes out
to IBM, but I don't know what it is.

$400 is on the low end for Austin these days, but
likely you can get close to that. Who pays the bills
will make a difference. You'll be running the AC
here, just like you do in Harlingen.