[FoRK] why is "elite" a dirty word?

zuzu < sean.zuzu at gmail.com > on > Sat Mar 18 17:44:09 PST 2006

See also:

The following is a report by the  National Opinion Research Center
commissioned by U.S. News and World Report in 1997. It was obtained by
 The Washington Monthly  as part of Nicholas Thompson's research for
his piece Playing With Numbers  How U.S. News and World Report
mismeasures higher education and the rest of us.

A REVIEW OF THE METHODOLOGY FOR THE U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT'S
RANKINGS OF UNDERGRADUATE COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2000/norc.html
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2000/0009.thompson.html

Will the University Survive?
http://www.mises.org/story/2013