[FoRK] Abortion cognitive dissonance

Tom Higgins < tomhiggins at gmail.com > on > Thu Mar 23 20:55:26 PST 2006

On 3/23/06, Corinna <corinna.schultz at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... this kind of refusal to face reality really angers me. People just don't
> care how much they damage others when they refuse to rethink their beliefs
> in the face of challenging evidence...

Religious belief is not rational therefore rational actions from those
who live by religious beliefs is not expected.

The majority of religious beliefs in the country today seem to revolve
around an all powerful being whose vengeance will smote/damn the
unbeliever either now or in the great accounting of things that is be
eventually come. To hold these beliefs requires an outlook the is not
held to laws or rational actions. In times of a blending of secular
legislation and religious power grabs you can see the non rational
laws come on aplenty.

Galileo  for his findings, blacks and gays for being who they are,
victims of rape and incest being given no choice in their
situation...just a few of the great situations you get when the
religious beliefs are made to legislate the populace en mass.

"Dawkins Army Needs You"

-tomhiggins