[FoRK] Web development teams for hire?

Steve Nordquist < signa at everestkc.net > on > Fri Mar 24 10:27:59 PST 2006

> Hey list;
Hey Single Chip Analog/Digital AV Receiver...I mean, Sebastian.

> I am helping a buddy with a business idea that depends on a simple yet
> robust web-based application. He has little technical ability and I'd
...better punch some ability in there, or you're not going to
be pairing him.  Can he at least do the anesthesia?

> like to help pair him up with a vendor and get him through the
> scoping, bidding, and requirements phases... but I find myself at a
> loss as to how to even start looking for a highly skilled, reliable,
> reasonably priced web development team... any ideas?
   Take your reliability and reasonable prices and stuff 'em?
If you think it's a simply decomposable problem to apply your buddy's
invention and creativity plus workers riffing on one somewhat complex
technology, what is all that skill required to do when it should be
raising everyone's relevance and performance?  If you're hiring
a firm, just find out what it's limited by and make two or three
equitable offers which reflect the same overall shot at profitability.

Stuff reasonably priced and reliable, decide how the skills are supposed
to be composited into a team or so, then table acting on a
skeleton scope and bid outcome, until after there is a business case.
(I mean, are you going to keep the girls on after release 1.1?
Will a faith-based organization in Pakistan be okay, or will
Buena Vista Entertainment (say) visit them and sign them on officially
at some point?)

   I think it's flexible whether your buddy should buy some classes
rounds of soft pretzels after class first, or talk to his barrister
about how he wants to come out w.r.t. this business project.
Having done that a few times though, continue on:

   Mechanically invent a programming language which does what you want
in a facile way, pad it out for rough NP-completeness, find hireable
acute detractors who won't be booked through 2010, think of 2 fun
ways to manage them, crack out some of what should be the most
compelling contracts for success for the day; mobilize instead
the US Republican Party, convincing them that the Requirements
you are fitting out are some measured Vox Rex Populoi.  Then go to
a film festival; following, rewrite the contracts to
encourage a much better result in reality and otherwise crank
out some projects and business plans which would work together.