[FoRK] Re: Web development teams for hire? (Albert S.)

Sebastian Hassinger < shassinger at gmail.com > on > Sat Mar 25 18:08:35 PST 2006

> From: "Albert S." <albert.scherbinsky at rogers.com>
> To: fork at xent.com
> Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:03:48 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: Re: [FoRK] Web development teams for hire?
>
> Sebastian,
>
> I've both built web development teams from the ground up and outsourced work to contractors. An important thing to determine is the general nature of the work to be done so you can find a good fit. For instance, you need to decide on the general architecture first. Ex. Just HTML on the front end or do you need something like Flash too. Is there lots of backend database work or just some Perl scripting. Etc...
>
> Not all web shops can do everything.

Agreed, and I definitely have some ideas in that regard - I guess I
was thinking that there was some basic approach to take to start to
find firms of that type, against which to apply my filter of the size
of project, basic approach needed, etc. It's not like there is a
yellow pages category that would give me a good starting point...

--
Sebastian Hassinger
shassinger at gmail.com
+1.845.893.1377