[FoRK] Re: Web development teams for hire?

Dave Long < dave.long at bluewin.ch > on > Sun Mar 26 00:46:16 PST 2006

> So if you had some communicative intention with the seemingly
> non-randomly arranged words below you might want to take another stab
> at it.

http://www.google.com/search?q=xent+nordquist+make.sense

Think of a Nordquist post as spread-spectrum communication.  The
concepts are all there, but they've been chipped by the token-level
equivalent of a walsh function -- and hence correlations go like 1/N
unless unchipped with both the proper sequence and shift state. [0,1]

Top 10 signs you've been on FoRK too long:
	10. You wonder why the XXI n00bs don't know all the stale bits left
over from the XXth century.  (whatever happened to tbyars, or even
Rifkin, for that matter?)
	01. The mode of the commercial posts gradually shifts from
		a) how can I do the work?, through
		b) how can I find people to do the work?, to
		g) how can I invest so that people I don't even know
		   will do all the work?
	00. Nordquist becomes comprehensible
          (cf http://www.google.com/search?q=explain.a.steve.nordquist)

-Dave

[0] as opposed to MVS, whose correlations should all go exponentially
to 0
[1] applications of this concept to code-division theology are left as
an exercise for the readers -- no debates on the relative merits of
single- vs. multiple-access deities, please (unless you bring enough
spirits for everyone)

:: :: ::

> Hey William S. Burroughs, I can't tell if:
> b) you think I am spam

Don't worry about it.  Anyone can get a straight answer on FoRK, not
everyone incites a Nordquist riff.

Consider the equivalent situation in mathematics: anyone who proves a
theorem can have it named after them, but it is considered the height
of distinction to have an eponymous lemma.